The West of England University is a thriving multi-site higher education institution with campuses in both Bristol and nearby Gloucester, all of which cater to over 30,000 students and staff.
If you’re looking to travel to and from one of the five campuses, rest assured there are numerous options to consider. From trains and buses to cycling and car sharing, we’ve outlined the easiest and most affordable ways to make your daily commute to and from the West of England University.
How to get to Frenchay Campus
• Bus: The following First Bus routes run from the city centre to campus: 18, X18, 70, 71, 72, X5, X74, 81, 319
• Train: Both the Bristol Parkway and Filton Abbey Wood stations are within a short bus journey of campus.
Cycling: Check out these recommended cycle routes to and from Frenchay Campus
• Car: Post code for sat nav: BS16 1QY
How to get to Glenside Campus
• Bus: The 5 and 81 First Bus routes provide a regular service to and from the city centre.
• Car: Sat nav post code: BS16 1DD
How to get to Bower Ashton Campus
• Bus: The First Bus X2 route departs from Bristol Bus Station in the heart of the city, offering easy access to and from campus.
• Car: Pop the following postcode into your sat nav: BS3 2JT
How to get to UWE Gloucester and Hartpury Campus
• Bus: Stagecoach’s number 10 route can be used to travel between campus and Gloucester city centre.
• Train: Gloucester train station is centrally located and within walking distance of the relevant bus to campus.
• Car: Sat nav postcode: GL19 3BE
Lift share to West of England University
Whether you’re commuting to one of the Bristol campuses each day, or venturing north to Gloucester, there’s thousands of fellow staff and students who could make for perfect passengers along the away. Split the cost of fuel, cut down emissions and have a great laugh during your commute. You can even share the burden of the parking permit bill.